5 Steps on How to Turn Your Customers Into a Powerful Sales Team

Having a system to get referrals from our customers is one of the strongest marketing strategies any business can ever use.

Still referring to the generation which is also one of the strategies used least.

At some point after 2 years, I became more than 60% of its new business through referrals from clients. In terms of efficiency, cost (zero), and small-time, easily the most successful marketing strategy I've ever used.

So here is the system I use.

First Drop in advice to customers in advance that you have to ask them for recommendations. I often say something like "Many of my new clients come through referrals from existing customers, so if we go on, ask if they know someone who might be interested in using my services." By planting the seed in my head and make a mental note, if you think someone suitable.
Even when I ask them, on the recommendation at a later date, it is expected that demand.

If I won the second customer and know that they are satisfied with my services, I often ask them to contact because they are high. I ask, when we finish the work or contract, but I think the "win" period is the best. Some people will ask for name, so my job is to help. I design, as customers, suppliers, business neighbors, friends, clubs merged. Mobile phones are also a good source of names.

Third I accept data from 5 people, then I tell my client "when I call these people do not know who I am, so would you mind calling them, say who I was, briefly describe what I to you, and ask them the same as I call them. If my client is a phone with these people, they're hot and a man waiting for my call. Sometimes my client feel uncomfortable and do in this case, I tell people directly themselves.

4 If my client is satisfied with 5 people, which requires, as used in contact with, or several days. Usually he / she reaches the people and in most cases is satisfied that my call.

5 After I spoke with my client, I immediately called the phone these 5 people. From my experience, I can always, if they return my calls, I often tan, you will face a personal meeting, and my success rate is very high. At one time the success of this method is 80% in industry, where the standard is only 20%.